Pages

Friday 24 August 2012

Moment of achieving excellence

My moment of achieving excellence

My moment of achieving excellence was in primary school when we had the intense speeches. Two weeks before the speeches we had to write our own speeches on any topic. I chose smoking because I thought that it was really important for kids like myself to know the harm smoking does to people and dangers of being a smoker in the future.

When I did my speech my class looked amazed at how harmful smoking is for the lungs. My teacher really wanted me to win so we had rehearsals in the I.C.T lab with my teacher.She spoke to me about how crucial eye contact was when making a speech, and to have some questions for the audience. My teacher was telling me to move around the stage and not stand on one place while delivering a speech. She also asked me to use gestures. Clarity was also important.

It was finally time to surprise the audience with my marvelous speech. I did my introduction and looked at the faces of the audience. They looked like they were ready to listen and learn some crucial information for the future. While I was doing my speech I asked a few questions about smoking and luckily the audience responded so it wasn’t as daunting and awkward as I expected so all was good and I came 2nd in the speeches.

I didn’t come 1st but 2nd and I achieved my own standard of excellence which I'm proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.